The Ministry is headquartered at Ardhi House in community. This is where all National Lands matters and other concerns are handled. The Ministry has digitized over 3 million land records and also maintains a library full of the filed paper records for reference. We have records dating back to 1900, over 100 years old records are securely stored in both digital and paper records. We provide the online portal for land owners and buyers to carryout transactions such as search, transfer of ownership etc.
- 1903 – Survey of Kenya is established under the colonial government
- 1970s – Land registries across the Country are established
- 2000 – District Land registries are formed
- 2010 – New Constitution introduces community land management policy
- 2013 – Ministry of Lands is merged with Housing and Urban Development
- 2018 – Ministry of Lands and Physical Planning is retained